Monday, August 27, 2012

Experiments

Kind of felt like I was doing it right :-)
Just a small experiment with Pastel blocks. A rather messy affair but still a lot of fun. As I don't really know one medium from another I have this massive urge to experiment with them all. I tend to get pulled in by the colour ranges and how pretty and perfect these sets look displayed in the shop. I have owned this box of pastels for about 7 years now and they are still in pristine condition. Well, that was until yesterday when I decided they were mature enough to be played with.

I picked out a picture of a steel grey kitten and doubled his size on the paper. His eyes look too human I think. I'm working out how to 'cat-ify' him some more. So until then I'll leave you with his dry pastel beginnings.


Human-oid Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment